In Saudi Arabia, there are nearly 21 million date trees of approximately 400 different varieties crowding the land and delivering exceptionally nutritious, healthy, and delectable dates for both local use and commodity purposes. In this blog, we have assorted some of the highly delicious and nutritious date varieties that you can perceive.
Different Saudi Arabian Dates and their Characteristics
In the Arab world, dates are considered one of the most crucial commercial products originating from the evergreen and economical date palms. The date fruits have religious importance with the followers of Islam throughout the world. Regardless of country and religion, people from all around the globe are in love with the enriching taste of dates and their health benefits. Here are some of the best Saudi Arabian dates along with their characteristics.
- The dark-colored Ajwa dates help in your physical healing and act as a long-term energy booster.
- These are considered to be the “royal dates” and are also called the “holy dates”. They are oval in shape and medium in size.
- These dates are widely grown in the Madina region accounting for thousands of tons in export.
- The dark black shaded Safawi dates are moist and delicate in nature having high nutritional content like iron, calcium, fibers, sulphur, and many more.
- These dates are considered as one of the most demanded and finest dates in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- These are mainly cultivated in the Al-Madina locale of the Kingdom.
- These Dates are also called as Kalmi.
- Otherwise known as Khadrawi or Khudri, these dates are sweet and chewy in nature.
- They contain less moisture and a semi-sweet, nutty flavor.
- These act as a nutritional powerhouse, packed with nutrients like potassium, fiber, vitamin B, and others helping to boost your energy and your health.
- These are highly delicious, sweet dates, and are very well-known in the Middle East.
- Individuals in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East use these dates for various sweet and flavorful meals.
- The structured-skinned Anbara dates have their origins in Saudi Arabia.
- These have enormous sizes, delicate and juicy pulp with a perfectly sweet taste.
- Mabroom date has variety going from light crimson to bronze in color.
- They are nutritious, and high-energy fruits.
- Sagai dates are grown in the Arabian Peninsula region. These dates possess a rich combination of both crunchiness and softness.
- These dates are best known for their anti-oxidant and nutrient continent, which helps to reduce the risk of heart disease as well as improve our digestive health.
Importance of Saudi Arabian Dates
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has a reputation for being the number one country in terms of average per capita date consumption per year. They are also the second-largest producer of date fruits. Saudi Arabian dates are composed of constituents like water, invert sugar, protein, fat, ash, ascorbic acid, potassium, antioxidants, fibers, and many healthy nutrients.
In Saudi Arabia dates are an important part of their diet. These play a crucial role during Ramdan as these fruits are used traditionally to end the day’s fast. Prophet Muhammad ate dates to end day’s fast. Owing to the enormous value the Saudi Arabian dates have to offer, people all over the world love it.
- In Saudi Arabia, palm trees produce exceptionally nutritious, healthy, and delectable dates for both local use and commodity purposes.
- Some of the best date varieties grown in Saudi Arabia are Ajwa, Safawi, Khadrawy, Sukkari, Anbara, Mabroom, and Sagai.
- The kingdom of Saudi Arabia has a reputation for being the number one country in terms of average per capita date consumption per year.
- Dates play a crucial role during Ramdan as these fruits are used traditionally to end the day’s fast as Prophet Muhammad ate these to end his fast.