Cooking Time: 30mins
Date and Orange Cupcakes
Write a review
1½ cups Plain flour, sieved before measuring ¾ tsp (each) Baking powder, Powdered cinnamon, baking soda & salt 1 tbsp (each) Grated ginger and chopped orange peel 1/3 cup Salad oil ¼ cup Condensed milk ¼ cup Chopped Falcon Zahdi Seedless Dates 1/3 cup (each) Brown sugar and powdered jaggery ½ cup Boiling water Icing sugar to sprinkle
- Sift together first five ingredients.
- Place the mixture in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center add ginger, orange peel, oil, brown sugar and then condensed milk.
- Mix jaggery and dates in boiling water and add to the batter. Mix well until smooth.
- Fill cup cake moulds ¾ full and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F or 180°c for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and turn it out on a wire rack to cool. Garnish with grated orange rind (optional).