Cooking Time: 45mins
Steamed Date Pudding
Write a review
1 cup Sliced Falcon UAE Seedless Dates 1 cup Boiling water 1½ cups Plain flour (sifted) 1 tsp Soda ½ tsp Baking powder ½ tsp Salt 2 tsp Butter 1 cup Brown sugar ¾ cup Walnuts, toasted and chopped 3-4 tbsp Milk 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pour water over dates and set aside.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Keep 4-5 cups of water to boil in a steamer.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy, add milk and vanilla essence.
- Fold in dry ingredients, date mixture and walnuts.
- Grease 4 cups sized mould with little butter and pour the prepared mixture in it.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and steam for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert on a serving plate and serve hot with warm custard or sweetened fresh cream.