Cooking Time: 40mins
Date and Walnut Loaf
Write a review
1 cup Plain flour(sieved before measuring) 2 tsp Baking powder 1 tsp (each) Soda bi carb and cinnamon powder A pinch of salt 3 tbsp Butter, soften 1½ cups Chopped Falcon UAE Seedless Dates ½ cup Boiling water ¼ cup Fresh cream ½ cup Toasted and chopped walnuts To Serve Butter
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.Set aside.
- Mix butter and dates in bowl.
- Pour hot water over it and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream when cooled.
- Gently fold in the flour and add walnuts. Pour this mixture in 8 inch square tin or 7 inch loaf tin.
- Bake in moderate oven at 180ºC or 350ºF for 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- When cold, slice and serve with butter.