Cooking Time: 40mins
Date and Almond Cake
Write a review
1 cup Finely chopped Falcon Zahdi Seedless Dates 1 cup Boiling water + milk 1½ cups Plain flour (sifted) 1 tsp Soda ½ tsp (each) Baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt ½ cup (each) Butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar ¾ cup Almonds, toasted and chopped 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pour water and milk over dates and set aside. Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Grease 6”–7” cake tin and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy and light.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Fold in flour mixture, soaked dates mixture and almonds.
- Pour in prepared tin.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert on a serving plate and sprinkle liberally with icing sugar (optional).
- Serve hot with warm custard or sweetened fresh cream.